ILRI Nairobi campus
The Nairobi campus of the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) is located on the Northwest side of Nairobi’s central business district on the main route to[http:www.bestofkenya.com/Rift.htm| Kenya’s Great Rift Valley]. It’s close to the city’s largest modern shopping plazas, the [http:www.cck.go.ke/| Communications Commission of Kenya] (CCK) offices, the [http:kari.org/%E2%80%8E| Kenya Agricultural Research Institute] (KARI), [http:www.kagrc.co.ke/%E2%80%8E| Kenya Animal Genetics Resources Centre] (KAGRC) and the University of Nairobi,college of Agriculture and veterinary sciences. The campus hosts 12 other organizations affiliated with the CGIAR.
To support effective research, the ILRI Nairobi campus provides a number of excellent and unique facilities:
- A hostel with 20 rooms, each containing private bathroom, basic kitchen facilities, internet connection, DSTV satellite TV and telephone. Hostel rooms are available for use by institutions on the campus and their visitors; they are frequently booked as part of workshop or conferences held on the campus.
- Conference facilities comprising of one auditorium (The John Vercoe Auditorium), Ndama Lounge, Room 720 and 721 that can be configured in different settings with free and fast internet connectivity. The Swahili restaurant serves as a meeting room and a private cafeteria. ILRI’s housing and conferencing service also provides catering services – lunches, coffee and tea, dinner and special events.
- The member-only recreational facility at ILRI provides sport and recreation facilities, including a tennis courts, squash court, a swimming pool, children’s play area, a cafeteria and a bar. Visitors to the campus may use the club’s facilities; membership is open to campus residents and staff (and their families). External memberships are also available.
ILRI Cafe Royal Limited service hours
|Monday –Friday||Breakfast::0730-830 hours|
Lunch:1230 - 1400 hours
|Saturday-Sunday and Public Holidays||From 0830 -0930hours & 1230 -2100hours|
|Enkare Club Bar||Monday –Friday:1230 -1400 hours & 1630 -2100hours|
Saturday-Sunday and Public Holidays:1230 -2100hours
|Sport facilities||Monday to Sunday:1700 to 1900 hours|
Tennis, Squash and Swimming pool:0700 to 1900 hours
For further information/Booking, please contact: ILRI PO Box 30709, Nairobi 00100, Kenya Phone: 254‐2‐4223343/44/41 Fax: 254‐2‐4223001
- ILRI Conferencing and Events Kenya Helpdesk Email: [ILRICEhelpdesk@cgiar.org]
- ILRI Kenya Café Royale Email: [email@example.com]
- ILRI Housing & Accommodation Kenya Helpdesk Email: [firstname.lastname@example.org]